Lynn Webster is a mysterious and beautiful young woman with a deadly secret. After arriving in a secluded California town, she takes a job as a waitress for Zambrini (Marc Lawrence), an elderly former circus performer who runs a small cafe, complete with a pen of 12 hungry pigs. Local legend has it that his pigs only eat human flesh and that in order to satisfy their growing appetites, Zambrini has begun to murder drifters. Soon the sheriff (Jesse Vint) begins to get suspicious of the strange goings on at Zambrini’s farm and grows closer and closer to discovering the shocking truth of the pigs.
Directed by character actor Marc Lawrence and starring his daughter Toni as Lynn. PIGS is a suspenseful and atmospheric psychological horror film featuring claustrophobic camerawork by Glenn Roland (Ilsa She Wolf of the S.S.) and a haunting score by Charles Bernstein (A Nightmare on Elm Street, Cujo).
Vinegar Syndrome presents this classic of 70s independent cinema newly restored and in its original director’s cut for the first time on home video.
Director: Marc Lawrence
1973 / 81min / English / Color / 1.85:1
• Blu-ray/DVD Combo | Region Free | 1.85:1 OAR
• Newly scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm interpositive with select shots sourced from 35mm theatrical prints
• All extras on both Blu-ray and DVD.
• Featurette w/ actress Toni Lawrence
• Featurette w/ composer Charles Bernstein
• Audio interview w/ cinematographer Glenn Roland
• Promotional artwork gallery
• Alternate ‘Exorcism’ opening sequence
• Alternate ‘Daddy’s Girl’ opening sequence
• Alternate ‘Daddy’s Girl’ ending sequence
• PIGS original theatrical trailer
• LOVE EXORCISM theatrical trailer
• Reversible cover artwork by Chris Garofalo
• English SDH Subtitles (20**)