THE MASTER DEMANDS YOUR ATTENTION! Synapse Films is proud to present Ben Solovey’s Kickstarter 2K restoration of MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE, now presented for the first time ever on home video in high-definition and loaded with extras!
“The worst film ever made.”
– Entertainment Weekly
Mike (Harold P. Warren) and Maggie (Diane Mahree), on a road trip with their daughter and family dog, take a wrong turn in Texas and become trapped at a weird lodge inhabited by a polygamous pagan cult. They soon find themselves in the middle of a power struggle between caretaker Torgo (John Reynolds), cult leader The Master (Tom Neyman), and two warring factions of the Master’s wives. As the family tries to escape, the worshipers of “Manos” decide their fate…
MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE, the sole directorial effort of Texas fertilizer salesman Harold P. Warren, perplexed even the most jaded Drive-In audiences and was deemed by many “the worst movie ever made”. Nearly lost, the original 16mm Ektachrome film elements have been finally unearthed and lovingly restored by Ben Solovey to create the definitive version of this accidental masterpiece. There’s no other movie like MANOS… now in HD with picture and sound unseen since 1966.
- All-new 2K restoration of MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE
- Audio commentary featuring Tom “The Master” Neyman and Jackey Raye “Debbie” Neyman-Jones
- HANDS: THE FATE OF “MANOS” – Featurette (31 mins.)
- RESTORING THE HANDS OF FATE – Featurette (7 mins.)
- FELT: THE PUPPET HANDS OF FATE – Featurette (4 mins.)
- [BLU-RAY ONLY BONUS] MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE – “Grindhouse” Unrestored Version