“A hip, well-made horror film brimming with film-buff jokes and amazing wolf transformations!” – Leonard Maltin’s Movie Guide
From the director of Gremlins and Piranha comes the ultimate masterpiece of primal terror. Filled with edge-of-your-seat suspense, “genuine thrills [and] amazing special effects” (Us), this riveting werewolf tale sinks its teeth into your deepest fears and never lets go.
Severely shaken after a near-fatal encounter with a serial killer, TV newscaster Karen White (Dee Wallace, E.T.) takes some much-needed time off. Hoping to conquer her inner demons, she heads for “the Colony,” a secluded retreat where her new neighbors are just a tad too eager to make her feel at home. Also, there seems to be a bizarre link between her would-be attacker and this supposedly safe haven. And when, after nights of being tormented by savage shrieks and unearthly cries, Karen ventures into the forest to find answers, she makes a terrifying discovery. Now she must fight not only for her life…but for her very soul!
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone And Robert Picardo
- Audio Commentary By Author Gary Bradner
- “Howling’s Eternal” – An Interview With Executive Producer Steven A. Lane
- “Cut To Shreds” – An Interview With Editor Mark Goldblatt
- Interviews With Co-Writer Terence H. Winkless And Stop Motion Animator David Allen
- “Unleashing The Beast: The Making Of The Howling”
- “Making A Monster Movie: Inside The Howling”
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary
- “Horror’s Hallowed Grounds” – A Look At The Film’s Locations
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery (44)